www.Gmail.com is a very popular email service provider and tops the charts among other email clients in the market. It comes with tough security measures that protects your account against phishing and spamming. But every once in a while you may face certain login related troubles like a lost/ forgot Gmail password or an auto-locked account. But there is no need to worry, in this article we will discuss in detail all the Gmail account Login related troubles and their recovery options.
Gmail Account Recovery
Throughout the previous year, Gmail has went through a lot of changes and very distinct changes were made to the account recovery options, making it more simplified for the users. Here we have compiled a list of Gmail signing in troubles and their troubleshoots to recover gmail account
Gmail Forgot Password – Gmail.com Account Recovery
The most common problem faced by any mail account user is forgotten or lost password. It is not impossible to forget a password, happens to a large number of people. But your password is retrievable. Follow these steps to recover your password.
- Go to the Gmail login page
- Enter your username and click on the Next button
- Now click on the Forgot Password option at the bottom of the screen.
- Gmail will send a password recovery link to your recovery email and you can reset the password with the help of this link.
Forgot Gmail Username
If you have forgotten your Gmail username, you can retrieve it too. Recovering Gmail username is relatively easy, simply follow these steps.
- Go to the Google sign in page
- Click on Find My Account
- You’ll be asked to enter an alternate email ID or phone number.
- Enter your email ID or phone number and click on the Next
- On the following page you’ll be asked to enter your first and last name. Make sure you enter the name that you used while creating the account and then click on Next
- Now Gmail will send a verification code to your phone number or alternate email address. You have to enter the verification code and click on Next
- On the next page you’ll see the email account that matches your entered credentials. You’ll find your email ID here and use it to sign in to your account once again.
- Google Asking For Verification Code After Using The Right Password
Benefits of Gmail two Step Verification
This kind of scenario happens when the two step verification has been turned on. So everytime you use your Google mail account from a different computer, Gmail will ask for a unique passcode. If for some reasons you are unable to provide the verification code, you will be locked out of your account. To resolve this issue follow these steps.
- Go to the bottom of the sign in page and click on “Ask Google for help” option.
- You’ll be directed to a page where you’ll be given a number of recovery options. Choose one option from the list.
- At this point the rest of the steps will be similar to general recovery process although you may be asked a few security questions.
- Once your identity is verified you can gain access to your account again.
Google’s account recovery process mainly consists of a set of parameters to identify the legitimate owner of the account. Understanding these parameters can help you go through the recovery options easily. This article aimed to provide you with the necessary information to recover your Gmail account. Read the guide carefully to walk through the process of account recovery and gain access to your account once again.